Skip to main content

Play Dough

1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon oil
food coloring

Combine in saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture makes a ball. Remove from heat and let cool on counter. Knead, make a roll then slice into pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dilly Beans

This is my mom's famous recipe for canned "dilly beans". She uses fresh dill grown in her backyard. You'll like them if you like pickles. There is never a Dunaway function without them. Wash fresh green beans and snip off the ends.  Put 1 clove garlic and  1 head dill (when it reaches the seed stage) in a pint-sized jar, then pack the jar tight with as many beans that will fit. Brine: 2 c. vinegar 2 c. water 1/4 c. salt - no iodine! 1/4 t. cayenne pepper Heat brine & warm lids. Cold pack in water bath & boil for 10 minutes. If you're like me and have never canned before, that may have sounded like Chinese, but I'm posting it for my canning guru friend. I think someday I'll get there. I would guess there would be a time to wait to make sure the pickling process was complete, but I don't know how long that would be.

Pizza on the BBQ

We are addicted to pizza on the barbecue. It's the yummiest homemade pizza. You've got to try it while its still good BBQ weather. 1. Turn your grill to a really low setting. 2. Make your dough (any old recipe), gather pizza sauce and mozzarella and the toppings of your choice. I hear Fresh and Easy has a pizza dough you just buy in a little bag, all ready to go. 3. Spray a piece of wax paper (or foil) with Pam and roll out your dough to a size that will fit on your grill. 4. Carefully flip the dough onto your grill and close the lid. Get all your other ingredients outside. It only takes a couple minutes for the dough to cook. 5. Flip the dough over and quickly top the baked side with sauce, cheese and toppings. Bert and I always do this part together so it goes a little faster. Close the lid to melt the cheese but don't burn the second side. Sometimes we even turn the grill off but keep the pizza on the warm grill. Walla! Pizza on the BBQ. You'll feel like you work at ...

Ghoulosh

I know, I'm breaking my own rule about no cream soups, but it doesn't seem so bad next to the high fructose corn syrup feast that happens right after. I love this meal because it is yummy, hearty and one dish. I served it with some fresh bread. Yum! 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1 pound ground pork sausage salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (I didn't use this in mine because I didn't have any, and I was afraid it might be too weird for my kids. Maybe next year?) 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken stock 1 1/2 cups long grain and wild rice mix 1 sugar pumpkin 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained 2 (14.5 ounce) cans French cut green beans In a large skillet over medium heat, mix ground beef and sausage. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain meats, and mix in chicken stock and rice. Cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, u...